In Food Review ZoelieWho

Foodie | Jinjja Chicken: Menu, How to order & Drumstick Bap!

I had Korean fried chicken cravings and Jinjja Chicken recently opened in Sunway Pyramid so you know what is uppppppppp. Definitely, have to go and try it.

It's fairly easy to find. Located right around Famous Amos, Secret Recipe / Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tart, Wendy's, NY Steak Shack, BBQ Plaza, and Boost Juice. 

If you know where any of these stores are located, just head there! :D

* Photos were taken with my phone and have filter :> I usually don't do this but I don't mind doing this once in a while.


The inside of the store is very bright and it has ample seats available for you.


There are also TVs available for your entertainment.
Tips! Pay attention to the Chicken dude in the screen!


If not mistaken, they have about 4-6 screens. Each corner with 2 TVs together. One is for a music video or other clips, another is for their chicken dude. (WATCH THE CHICKEN DUDE he's super entertaining!!)


How to order

The counter is located at the front store.
You need to order & pay first before getting your food.


Unsure with what you want? 
The menu is right outside the store too!

Store Recommendation: Aside from their chicken, they also like to promote their double noodles called Jjamjja Myeon (shown at the noodles section). It a dish with both jjajangmyeon and jjampong separated but with the same bowl. 

Tips: Students get RM5 off meal sets and to make it a meal set (add beverage and fries), you gotta add RM5. So basically the beverage and fries are free :D Just present your student ID will do.


There's also a menu on the counter! 


After you ordered, you will be given the buzzer. If you ordered drinks, they will give you the drinks immediately after payment. There aren't any caps available, if not mistaken. At least the beverages are not as diluted as other fast food stores/cinemas. (I freaking love that chicken dude, look at his heart signs and that face my gosh so entertaining)


Self-collection counter is right at the back of the store.
You need to get your food here once the buzzer buzzes.
Other tools and etc are available too!


On the right side of the counter, they have disposable utensils provided.


On the left side, they have a tin bin for your food waste (bones), tissue papers (you cannot take the whole box), ketchup & chilli sauce, disposable sauce plate, disposable plastic gloves (for you to eat chicken with your hands), and straws (for your drinks, of course).


The sauces are from Swiss Bear.


FOOD!

I ordered the Drumstick Bap (Rice) and made it into a meal set. I've got minute maid orange juice and sea salt fries. A pretty decent portion for the fries, I must say. The rice set, they gave me two big drumsticks in soy sauce with semi-sticky soft rice topped with soy sauce and seaweed. A small portion of (sour) kimchi was also given as a side. 


This is what it looks like after I gathered all the essentials from the collection centre. 


Update: 25th Oct
I went to get Jjamjja Myeon which is essentially half of jjajangmyeon and jjampong. Their jjajangmyeon was decent and it doesn't make me shiver. They gave enough minced chicken in it and there are potatoes in it too. I'm not a fan of seafood so I couldn't really enjoy jjampong. They've used Udon noodles and it was just nice.


Inside jjampong, there are sotong (cuttlefish) and clamps. Since I didn't like seafood, I gave them all to my partner. My jjampong is in Original flavour which is less spicy than the Creamy flavour (because they would put cheese in it) but quite frankly it was pretty spicy for me. If you don't feel the spiciness in Original then you should definitely try Monster.


Verdict

I'm going to compare this with 4Fingers because... I once gulped 18 mini drumsticks from their store and they're the only Korean fried chicken store that I've tried. Anyway, the chicken is amazing. It was flavoured just right with their soy sauce (more flavours than 4Fingers!!!!!). It tastes better than 4Fingers too! The skin is crispy and the inside is tender ๐Ÿ˜‹ Easily pulled out with the hand without much effort. The rice is very soft and easy to eat with. Overall, it's very braces-friendly! After the rice set, I was a bit too full for the fries especially with that portion ๐Ÿ˜ณ (They do give more than 4Fingers). The drink was okay, not diluted like other fast food stores or cinemas. I couldn't finish it so I have to walk around the mall with it but it can be a bit difficult there's no cap on it. Jinjja Chicken don't provide the caps, I think ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Update 25th Oct: I like the jjajangmyeon but not the jjampong. However, I think I'd enjoy the fried soy garlic drumsticks more than the noodles.....

Will I go back again: YES
Will I recommend to friends: YESS
Do I miss the chicken already: YESSSS

You really should go and give it a try! Although the pricing (similar to 4Fingers) is on the pricier side but hey, I'd say it was worth the cashhh. Aside from that, going during a weekday will definitely guarantee you a seat. 

Awh man! Now I don't have to say "I don't know" anymore whenever I go to Sunway Pyramid for food. This store is definitely an option, if not the only one. I can finally say goodbye to all those I-don't-know's already ๐Ÿ˜‹


That's all for this post!
Hope it is somewhat helpful to you.
Check out my other blog posts too!



Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment