In Beauty Featured Makeup Review takealook ZoelieWho

Take A Look + Review | LipAddict™ x Butterfly Tea Party & Lipaddict Non-injectable Anti-aging Lip Products



LipAddict™ X Butterfly Tea Party

Date: 25/8 (Sat) | Time: 3.30pm - 5.30pm
Venue: Happ Cafe, PJ | Dress-code: Pink



Upon entrance, we got to take a solo shot just like every other Butterfly Project events :D But I'm not a good poser and I looked so bloated the entire day HAHAHA It's okay, I shall divert the attention to the venue now.


Venue: The Happ Cafe, PJ.  | Facebook Instagram
Before leaving the office for the event, I did a quick search and tried to locate the cafe. I couldn't find it through Google Street View so I thought I should try to find it whilst I was driving. As I was passing by the location, I couldn't see the cafe at all so I quickly redirected waze to Tropicana Avenue and found it eventually. (I've already submitted an edit to

The parking was decently priced, at RM1 for the first three hours and RM1 for the subsequent hours. It has quite a lot of parking spaces during weekends since not many people would visit that place. I found a parking space very quickly but a quick advice: take picture of where you get out of the parking lot. You might get confused as there are a few similar looking entrances at the same spot.

This 1.5 stories cafe itself looked so bright and fresh (unlike WonderMilk) and it has a mini florist shop at the side. They have some flowers in the fridge and they do offer bakeries here. I didn't manage to explore their menu as my attention span was limited to the event only 😅


The Party Planner & Dessert Table:
Ask Joey - The Sweetest PartyFacebook | Instagram
Ask Joey did an amazing job with the decoration and they offered really amazing fruit tarts! They are MOIST and NOT DRIED and SWEET and CRUNCHIE omg it's hard to find a bakery supplier with such quality. I also like their macaroons, they are really, really good.


Though I'm not a big fan of the cakes as they are drier than when they were baked. The taste is good tho, just not a fan of dry cakes. I didn't get to take the popsicle pop because many people took em before I did.


Some of the desserts are here too. The brownies are also dried :( Aside from desserts, the food was amazing. I freaking look the baguette with smoked salmon and the fried wonton. They replenished food whenever we finished them too! Really efficient :D


As the party begins, every butterfly members were seated and waited patiently for the emcees to begin the event.


I was seated near the 'stage' area with Ridley and Sharon before Nicole arrived.


In front of our seats, there were a few sets of LipAddict™ lip treatment glosses with the complete colour ranges along side with a makeup remover, some swabs and cotton pads.


Swatches of LipAddict™💕

LipAddict™ is available in 12 different shades, from transparent to pink and peach. They have different matte and gloss finish too.


I gladly volunteered to make swatches on my arm for Nicole, Ridley and Sharon for their blog post. I was the only one wearing short sleeves anyway so it was easier for me than them.


This is me trying to slowly remove my phone off the table whilst holding my camera so that Nicole can get a better shot. Quite honestly, it was hard to make a good shot due to lighting (we were sitting further into the store) but hey, I think we both managed 😁


Here are the shades with their ID and colour name labelled along side.


Removing the lip gloss swatches (with the makeup remover provided) was actually fairly easy and there were only minimal residues left. Doesn't feel irritating at all too. The minty sensation remained tho and it felt gooooood.


Other than that, every participant was gifted with a box of 3 LipAddict™ lip glosses.


Did you know that this box is worth almost RM600 bucks?! Unbelievable, right? But it's true HHAHAH. I'll show you the before and after in a bit. For now, let's get back to the event first.


Our all-time-favourite emcees, Leo and Sydney had given the first greeting to every butterfly and they had also given a brief summary of what the event was about before passing the microphone to the person-in-charge from ISKIN to explain what is ISKIN and LipAddict™.


A Brief Summary:

ISKIN New York

Established in 1999, Fraser Research Labs INC has been committed to developing and delivering advanced, targeted skin solutions. Designed by leading dermatologists and cosmetic scientists and manufactured in the US, Fraser Research Labs INC is committed to bringing safe and effective solutions to the market.

ISKIN New York is the skin solution that has been transforming faces and lives since its introduction to the market in 2002. ISKIN New York increase the skins tolerance to environmental factors and diminish the visible signs of aging. And our scientifically tested formulations deliver proven results with customized solutions available for every skin type, leaving you looking younger, brighter, and healthier. They are also the distributors of LipAddict™ in Malaysia

LipAddict™

LipAddict™ is a unique non-injectable anti-aging lip treatment that is designed to reverse the age-related changes on the lips whilst restoring the youthful appearance. It instantly creates a fuller and sexy pout for you, maintaining a fuller, sexier and younger-looking lips without the cost and pain of lip injections in as little as 4 weeks! Not only that, with Hyaluronic Acid, Organic Oils, Peptides and Marine Collagen, Lip Addict™ is able to heal, hydrate, moisturizing and volumizing your lips. It comes in 12 tempting shades, from peach to pink, to suit everyone's skin tones, mood and daily usage! Unlike other glosses, LipAddict’s lightweight molecular formula guarantees that your lips won’t be left with that sticky sensation!


The person-in-charge from ISKIN gave us an insightful explanation regarding the products, the ingredients and process of getting permanent plumpy lips. Yes, she said permanent and my eyes lit up because I've always wanted to see how I'd look like with plumper lips. I mean, look at how everyone paid attention when we heard of the benefits that their products can give. 

LipAddict is perfect for:

  • Dry and chapped lips: LipAddict’s weightless formula keeps your lips feeling fresh and light with no sticky residue. Organic oils protect the lips and lock in moisture while hyaluronic acid provides deep moisturization.
  • Anti-ageing: Fine lines and wrinkles starting to show? Marine collagen microspheres and anti-ageing peptides target and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the lip area.
  • Thin lips: Use LipAddict to get some extra volume and to plump up your lips!
  • Finishing your look: Use it on its own to achieve a natural juicy pout or on top of your favourite lipstick to make your lips stand out!
  • Compliments & Enhances Lip Fillers: If you've just had lip fillers done, you can use LipAddict to maintain and enhance your results!  
  • Tried and tested Professionally: LipAddict is Dermatologist tested and Cosmetic Scientist formulated to be both safe and effective.


Look at me, paying attention. I was actually very excited on the inside because I can't wait to try the products at home. Shortly after, we were given a makeup demonstration by a well-skilled makeup artist.


Makeover Demo

Makeup Day & Night Demo by MUA Yuin Hann Liew


Miss Liew had demonstrated a lighter makeup look (day look) and a heavier makeup look (night look) for us to understand how to apply the lipglosses with both themes. Her explanations were easy to understand.


In the midst of the demonstration, we were asked to mix two colours together to obtain a unique colour combination. I mixed a nude peach with some peachy red and achieved a slightly muted peach tone.


I didn't apply a lot onto my lips because the swab actually ate up a lot of the products HAHAHA 


Hopefully, you can see the colour payoff. It does make my lips look healthier and plumper.


I've taken the time to upload the ingredient list here:
Incidecoder | CosDNA | Skincarisma
Each site explains the ingredients in different ways.
The following is from Incidecoder.

Ingredient List: 

Polybutene vcAloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Extract**  so|emo|hOctyl Palmitate emo 4Persea Armagiaca (Avocado) Oil**Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil**  emoVitus Vinifera (Grapeseed) Oil**Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil**Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil**Silica vc|abrasive/scrubVp/Hexadecene Copolymer vcMicrocrystalline Wax vcMetha Arvensis (Menthol)Menthyl Ethylamido OxalateGlycerin  sii|h|perf|vcWater solvButylene Glycol h|solv 1/Carbomer vcPolysorbate 20 emu|surfPalmitoyl Oligopeptide  cciPalmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7  cciCaprylic/Capric Triglyceride  emoDictyopteris Membranacea (Algae) Extract aoxIsohexadecane emo|solvBis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone emo|emu|surfEthylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer vcButylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer vcCyclopentasiloxane emo|solvSodium Hyaluronate  sii|hXanthan Gum vc|emu|surfPhenoxyethanol presTripeptide-1  cciWater solvMarine CollagenMentha Spicata (Spearmint) OilStevea ExtractTocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)  aox|vitAscorbic Acid (Vitamin C)  aox|sb|vitPhenoxyethanol presCapsaisinMica (Ci 77019)Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)  sunscIron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499) colCarmine (Ci 75470) colRed 6 (Ci 15850) colRed 7 Lake (Ci 15850) colManganese Violet (Ci77742) col
Hover the mouse over an ingredient for short explanation. Read more on INCIDecoder.



LipAddict™ is very proud of using natural and patented ingredients to create these wonderful lip treatment glosses. Here are the key ingredients that they've strongly pointed out.

Key Ingredients

  • Amino Acids: Specialized Amino Acids helps improve skin condition and gives it a smoother appearance. It specifically stimulates growth of collagen, which helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
  • Organic Aloe Vera: Vitamins and minerals found in Aloe Vera aid in healing. It contains moisturizing and soothing properties.
  • Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E): A powerful Anti-oxidant, it works to prevent free radicals from the body. This plays a large part in the ageing process, by reducing wrinkles and keeping skin youthful.
  • Organic Jojoba Seed Oil: Jojoba oil provides moisture as well as forms a barrier that effectively locks moisture in, keeping the lips soft and supple.
  • Hyaluronic Acid: Binds up to 100x its molecular weight in water to provide moisture and hydration from the inside out.
  • Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C): High concentration of vitamin C packs full of antioxidants it prevents damaging effects of the environment. Also provides nourishment and hydration for lips to stay healthy and supple.
  • Organic apricot kernel oil: Contains gamma linoleic acid, which helps skin maintain moisture balance. It also provides gentle and lightweight lubrication which is great for sensitive skin types.
  • Organic grapeseed oil: Grapeseed oil is lightweight and can be easily absorbed by the skin. It nourishes and repairs the skin to reduce age spots, wrinkles and tightens skin resulting in a more vibrant complexion.
  • Marine collagen: Responsible for skin strength and elasticity. Specially formulated to help moisturize and plump skin cells, while the microspheres fill in the wrinkles to reduce the appearance of lip creases and fine lines.
  • Organic castor oil: A potent ingredient that heals inflamed skin, moisturize skin and fights signs of ageing.
  • Organic avocado oil: A rich source of monosaturated fatty acid, great at hydrating and softening skin. And provides a great amount of antioxidant, aiding in inflammation.
  • Free from: Parabens, Sulphates, Hormones, Artificial Fragrances, Gluten Free, Toxic Ingredients of any kind.



Shades I've Gotten 💝

Inside the gift box, there are three different shades of LipAddict™: one Jewel with two different colours for each box.


💎

Jewel #213
Simple & clean. Pure hydration all day, every day!

This is a transparent lipgloss that has no glitter in it. It is suitable to be used for everyday-wear, night treatment and the colour suits all genders.



🎀

Pink Sugar #212
Pink sugar is sweet, but not as sweet as you!

This shade is a slight-bright pink that suits the sweet and innocent look. This delicious shade serve its name just right too!



👗

Mon Cherie #203
Love was in the air. We went and bottled it!

This shade is a reddish pink that is suitable for a semi-formal event. I'm thinking about candle-light dinner with a Valentine.


Swatch 🔱

The colours appear immediately right after applying and my skin feels very minty too, in a good way. I always like a lip product that could bring a good minty sensation. Most of the other products can't do the same without causing a little stinging sensation. 


How to use

LipAddict® is perfect on its own or as a sheer gloss over lip colour. For better results, apply a generous amount to clean and dry lips using the applicator wand and use the product alone, twice daily for 30 days and with continued use. Reapply as needed. Colourless LipAddict™ can be applied during bedtime as night treatment.

Tips:
Go over your lip line too! This expands the area to be treated.

Before & After

💎 Jewel is meant to be transparent but the texture doesn't make your lips feel tacky. It's really suitable for everyday makeup without going overboard. You get to have your lips looking voluptuous whilst giving them a lip treatment. What a great deal!

Photo taken by Nick from Yumerei in Studio Lighting
When the minty sensation hits, the lips will also appear to have faint pink. This is completely painless and natural.


🎀 Pink Sugar has a tiny amount of princess pink that suits a carefree coffee or bookstore date. It's given out the innocent feeling and it reminds me of Lana Jean from 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before'.

The photo was taken by Nick from Yumerei in Studio Lighting
This shade has minimal colour pigment and it also contains glitter.


👗 Mon Cherie reminds me of Paris and it felt like Paris Love in the bottle. I'm sure it'll be nice to wear this to an evening date with my boyfie. A nice candlelight dinner under the stars and we have our sparkling juice with some great Naughty Babe Dirty Duck's char-boiled sakura pork chop. Dreamy.

The photo was taken by Nick from Yumerei in Studio Lighting
This shade has more colour pigment and it contains glitters too!




More 'After' Photos

Here are some photos were taken with my phone after applying the lipgloss

I used Jewel on top of my lip tint and look at how juicy my lips are. The photos were taken inside the house with natural sunlight lighting. Instant plumping right after applying too!

Shade: Jewel
I've always seen beautiful people taking pictures under the sun and I gave it a try. Like, oh my god, look at my lips. They look so juicy and tasty. The sun is absolutely loving it.

Shade: Jewel
It's fine to put these glosses on at home, even when I don't have any plans to go outside. Although some of my family members would come up to me and ask why. I shrugged it off and say: because I love my lips and this is a treatment.

Shade: Pink Sugar

Verdict 



LipAddict gave me a very good impression in the initial stage where the staffs are all friendly and smiling. They gave a well-presentation on what it is about and they had also demonstrated how to use it in many ways. I love the packaging and the colour options that they've picked for the packaging the the glosses. They made it very easy to match majority of the skin tone!

Colour: Glossy Good
Smell: Amazing Mint
Taste: Deliciously Sweet
Sensation: Breezy Breeze
Texture: Comfortably Sitting; No tacky!

I freakishly love this lip gloss because it tastes naturally sweet and the minty sensation doesn't cause any irritation at all. It sits nicely on my lips and doesn't seem to dissolve so quickly. On top of that, it doesn't leave the tacky sensation after a long while, which is a huge bonus point from me because most of the glosses disgust me when they turn into a sticky-tacky disaster. LipAddict made it amazing to wear it all day and re-applying is easy too!

Overnight Treatment Review:
I put on Jewel and let it stay for the entire night on my lips. The gloss felt so comfortable and light on my lips. I didn't even feel any discomfort throughout the entire night. I removed it before washing my face to start off the day. Needless to say, my lips looked so yummy after the entire night of lip plumping treatment. Not to mention that it's needle-less!

Removing the gloss:
Removing these glosses are just as simple as removing eye-shadow off your lids. They don't stubbornly adhere to your lips and know when to let go. The gloss removing process was very effortless. I simply took two swipes with one cotton pad along with cleanser and my lips were fresh again. It's almost easier than removing any of the lip products that I have. It's definitely easier to remove than the Honey Milk Lip Sleeping Pack from A'PIEU, that thing was so waxy and stubborn, ugh.

Overall Performance:
I can see that my lips have less lines and wrinkles around it. My lips are visibly plumper and juicier, they look so much better in lipsticks now. Mainly because the lip treatment had reduced any uneven and dark pigmentation whilst removing the dead cells overtime. My lips now have a brighter appearance.

Price range:
However, the price range is a bit too high for majority of the potential consumers to purchase. Priced at about RM165, it can be really pricey for someone who doesn't have much month allowance to spend. This product is a "treat-yourself" goodie and while I understand that people will still hesitate, I'd still recommend everyone to give it a try. Experience the plumpy and breezy effect from this lip treatment. You will truly get yourself addicted because it is simply one of its kind.

Comparison:
I used a similar product from NYX, which was meant to plump lips, to compare the different between these two products. Although NYX is a whole lot more affordable, I think that the pros of LipAddict makes it worth so much more for its price. Of course, different people may have different opinion about it but after trying out this product, I'd say that LipAddict will be my only choice of plumping lip product for a while now. Besides, it doesn't have a lot of competitors which the same or better quality at its price range, or at least not that I know of.


Rating:

Colour Payoff: ✨✨✨✨
Smell: 👌👌👌👌👌
Taste: 💋💋💋💋💋
Comfort: 🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀
Durability: 👄👄👄👄
Removing: 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

Price: 💰💰💰
Smudgeproof: 🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅
Transfer-proof: 🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅
Availability: 😓😓😓

Repurchase: Mmhm!
Reason: I think I can splurge over RM150 once in a while just to treat my lips better. I want to love my lips better since I usually neglect them.



Where to buy

Shop Online:


Physical Stores:



Instagram Posts



 Instagram features



Selfies



Anis



Eros



Bokoaz



Ridley



Cheryl



Ridley, Nicole & Sharon






#lipaddictmalaysia #butterflymsia @lipaddictmalaysia @butterflyproject.my

That's all for this post!
I hope you've enjoyed it :)
Do check out my other blog posts!
They may be helpful to you :D




Gallery

















 

 






 







Related Articles

6 comments:

  1. What an informative yet fun post! <3 We're so happy to have you in our party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invitation tho! It was a really, really fun and interactive party! (Sorry for the late reply AHHAH)

      Delete
  2. WOW sweet warnanya i like..manis ja nampak pink gituu..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuuu! :D Lipgloss tu rasa manis jugak, macam makan gula-gula HAHHA

      Delete
  3. Nice post! Everything is in lovely pink! Love that <3

    ReplyDelete