In Althea Beauty Korean Products Makeup Review ZoelieWho

Review| Althea Skin Relief Spot Film Gel


Althea

Skin Relief Spot Film Gel

Rm 19 | 15ml

"A liquid spot-treatment gel that soothes and treats while protecting it from external pollutants
Mild / Essential / Calming / Recovery.

Harmful environmental factors like dust and pollution can weaken the skin’s barrier and cause acne
Soothe damaged irritated skin and restore it to full health. Althea’s anti-pollution formula offers protection and calms troubled skin caused by the environment.

Another spot? Banish it like magic with Althea's Skin Relief Spot Film Gel! This zit-zapping treatment is a revolutionary formula that applies thinly onto the skin before drying down to a smooth canvas, protecting the area and allowing for makeup to be applied on without a trace! It contains tea tree oil to quickly and effectively treat acne, while a mix of Centella and pine leaf extracts calm redness, treating acne while you’re out and about. Say bye-bye to bulky, unsightly pimple patches and hello to flawless skin!"


An acne spot treatment that dries down to a thin layer onto the skin

A Natural & Thin Formula With Protective Healing Properties
It is a unique clear gel texture that dries down into a translucent patch which creates a protective barrier that effectively soothes and treat the troubled area. Easily customizable by adjusting the thickness and size of the patches during application

Trouble Care 
Pinus thunbergii, Centella Asiatica and tea tree leaf extracts to repair, moisturize and nourish troubled skin

* Dermatologically tested



Leaves skin smooth and protected, perfect for makeup application

Allow drying for a flawless makeup application
It gives a natural, even coverage that smoothes over the blemishes in order to prevent secondary infection caused by potentially dirty hands or environments.

Intensive trouble care + soothing and relieving
The Skin Relief Spot Film Gel contains ingredients that allow the skin to feel soothed and relieved. The salicylic acid, tea tree leaf and Pinus Thunbergii (Pine) leaf extracts help protect and treat troubled areas. It also contains glycerin and niacinamide to help soothe, moisturize and brighten for a healthier and happier complexion.


Tea Tree Oil, Centella and Pine Leaf Extracts

Tea Tree Leaf Oil & Extract
It helps to soothe sensitivities and replenishes moisture quickly while containing antibacterial properties to treat acne spots.

Centella Asiatica Extract & Pinus Thunbergii (Pine) Leaf Extract
It helps to soothe irritations, redness and strengthening the skin by nourishing and revitalizing it.

Niacinamide
It is rich in antioxidants to repair and calm irritations while brightening the skin and strengthening its outer barrier.


How to use

Ensure the area of the skin is clean before application. Gently squeeze to dispense a small amount of product, then apply a thin, even layer onto the targeted area using either your finger or the applicator.


Allow drying completely (approx 5mins) before proceeding with makeup application. Wipe away any excess product off the applicator before replacing the cap.


 Ensure the patch is completely dry before applying makeup on top.


Try not to rub the patch after applying because you might cause the patch to be peeled off. This is when the patch is still half drying:


This is when the patch is dried up:


Tips

For a more intensive treatment, apply a thin layer onto the area before you sleep. Ensure that the layer is thin for longer wear time. This is a spot treatment that should only be applied to targeted areas for best results.

Review

Treatment: Oh my, it actually works!
Adhesiveness: Water Glue Gooey Goo
Durability: Hmmmmmmm :/

Perhaps I didn't have many expectations in the beginning but trust me when I say that this works wonders because it always worked for me and my boyfriend. My skin hardly has any breakouts but when it does, usually its the type that is small, hurts when I touch and has redness around. When I applied this, it quickly soothes out the next day. On the other day, my boyfriend has more acne breakouts than I do. Occasionally, there are some that have larger redness area but smaller pores, which means it hurts more than regular acne and harder to extract dirt from the pores. After applying the Skin Relief Spot Film Gel, his large acne soothes down a lot.

When applying, it feels like the type of water glue that I used to make with corn starch and water. This has a similar thickness but it has more transparentness. It sticks really well on the skin and doesn't feel like there's something there too. A lot of times my boyfriend forgot about it and rubbed it off simply because he couldn't feel the patch on his skin. Honestly, I did the same mistake too. 

Now, there's one thing that I dislike about this film: it comes off too easily. Not because it doesn't stick well. As said above, it stays on the skin really well but when you move the skin around too much or keep rubbing on the patch, it comes off easily. On the other hand, when I put makeup around the patch, I cannot rub on my skin, I have to dab on my skin otherwise it could come off like dead skin. It happened in my Love Me Harder makeup look (available below at the Featured in section). I applied it before putting on sunblock. Initially, it was fine but when I started rubbing blusher onto my skin or brushing bronzer onto my skin, the sides started to come off.

Verdict

This is quite a good investment if you want a good blemish treatment and a flexible, flatter pimple patch. It works about the same way just without the thickness and the incapability to changes sizes. I do have issues with the sizes of the regular pimple patches mostly because I use small ones more often but when I finished the smaller ones, the big ones are too big for me to use. I had to cut it in four pieces to fully utilize it. So when this product exists, it creates a lot of convenience for me.

I do recommend this product to people who have acne issues. You don't have to use it during the day, you can also use it during the night which helps better because your skin would be at rest and the immune system can repair the skin better.

Featured Makeup Looks

Click on the pictures to be directed to the chosen video of my new makeup look uploads on my Youtube Channel.









That's all for this blog post!
I hope that this is helpful to you :)
Do check out my other blog posts too!




Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment