In Food Review ZoelieWho

Foodie | Miru Dessert is my happy heaven. I'm serious.

Miru Dessert Cafe

Halal: Yes | More information below

This is not a one-time visit review but a minimum of 15 visits entry because I love them so much and it's time I share my love with you all.

Quite honestly, I've lost count of the exact amount of times that I've visited Miru but I'm very certain with 14 visits through my IG story archives along with 1 visit prior to that (I went there with my sisters only once and that was memorable). There are other visits that I've been there but not recorded so I really can't track it down. 

Bear with me a little bit on the photo quality. I swear it will get better as you scroll because I changed to a new phone at a certain point. I'll also describe to you how they taste as we go along.

Most Important Day

It's also the first entry I can find in my IG story archive. On 8th of August 2018, me and my boyfie visited Miru's Damansara Uptown branch after a good meal in Bangsar. It was the day we officially confirm our relationship so it was a really, really big day for us. 


We ordered the most amazing Chocolate Lava Cake along with a Strawberry Cheesecake Kakigori to sweeten up with some fruity flavours. The Chocolate Lava Cake is baked with the crispy outside but super moist and gooey inside, matching with sliced strawberry. It's a perfect pair. You get to eat amazing brownie textured chocolate dessert while covering the strawberry with the leaking chocolate from the cake. They also give you a scoop of vanilla ice cream to go with it but I'm not a fan with the pairing. The Strawberry Cheesecake Kakigori on the other hand, it was dripping in strawberry sauce and some strawberry cuts on the top and within the shaved ice. Inside the shaved ice, you will also find actual cheesecake which tasted so amazing! It's the solid type of cheesecake but it melts in your mouth easily. Then, we also ordered Royal Milk Tea for him while I got myself Mango Smoothie. He loved the Royal Milk Tea so much that we kept ordering it in our future visits.

16th September 2018


Yes, we kept ordering chocolate lava cake until we tried the Shibuya honey toast from our birthday freebie treat by Miru! We both signed up for the membership and we get birthday treats along with the after-signup welcome gift. I redeemed first since my birthday is earlier than his. 

The Shibuya Honey Toast has a very crispy outer layer which felt like a layer of roasted sugar on top of creme brulee. The inside of the toast is very soft and buttery. The toast was paired with two scoops of vanilla ice cream and whip cream too. When you pour the syrup over the toast, it makes the toast even better. I know that people who don't like sweetness wouldn't prefer going for the syrup but hey, try a little bit first. On the side note, while I really like sweet things, over pouring the syrup might give you immediate diabetes. Just pour a few drops over and it'll be enough.


Miru Membership

Speaking of membership, if you want to be part of their membership program, here's how it works.

1. Download the app call POKET from your app store.
2. Search for Miru from the Merchant section
3. Sign up for it

What you can get:
Welcome coupon, Birthday Freebie (Shibuya Honey Toast) and more discounts if you rank up.

Currently, I'm at the second rank, Platinum (there are 3 ranks in total) and I can enjoy 10% discount and I can also redeem items from the menu with points. One confusing thing tho, it says that it's a Lifetime thing but I also need to renew it by spending another RM250? That amount didn't change since my last transaction, by the way. I noticed it before payment and it still looked the same after payment. But ngeh, it's okay. I'll get some clarification from the staff another day and if I'm supposed to renew it, I'll happily spend another RM250 for it. I love them like that.


21st October 2018


Anyway, back to our food adventure with Miru, we loved the toast so much that I ordered it again on another occasion. On 21th October, we were willing to pay for another round. The mango smoothie was just for me to quench some thirst and cool me down after walking for a long period of time.


18th November 2018


On 18th November, we went during the time they had Mango Rice seasonal event going on. As a mango fan, I tried their smoothie. The Mango Rice Smoothie is exactly what it is. You will find both mango and glutinous rice cubes in the smoothie. It's not as sweet as the regular mango smoothie but it's still as good. You will also taste some coconut milk it in.

I think we were also very full on that day so we didn't get the chocolate lava cake but we got a strawberry kakigori instead.

16th December 2018


On 16th December, we went there for a quick thirst-quenching and I honestly don't remember what I ordered. Probably passionfruit black tea (the one on the right)? But I know it's a disappointment because I didn't like how it tasted. This is one thing I don't want to recommend tho.

27th December 2018


On the 27th of December, another birthday celebration but we did it a little different this time. We had Mango Rice Kakigori paired with the Shibuya honey toast (FREE!!!!). The Mango Rice Kakigori tasted about the same as the smoothie but you have the uhm.... cream? Cream on top? I don't know what it is but I didn't like how it tasted so I put it aside and enjoyed the kakigori on its own. Also, it's not as 'refreshing' or 'light' as the strawberry kakigori since they have some coconut milk in it as well but it's still a good dessert to have if you want something filling.

20th of January 2019


My little sister and I were shopping around the Pavilion mall and we wanted to sit down somewhere so we went here and ordered two smoothies. I don't remember which one did we order but smoothies cannot really go wrong so we enjoyed our time there. However, I think I wasn't a big fan of the peach smoothie tho. 

21st January 2019


Yes, I visited it again the very next day but it was mostly because I wanted to introduce my friend who came back from Japan to try their deserts. We ordered the chocolate lava cake and she ordered a pot of tea while I had the strawberry smoothie. She loved the lava cake! I think the tea that she ordered was the Osthamus tea which smelt very sweet but is actually quite pleasant to drink. There's no sweetness in the tea itself. It just miraculously smell sweet.

 14 February 2019


We could never. Never. Never forget to visit Miru this during our Valentine's! It's not even going to be complete without some good ol' chocolate lava cake and strawberry kakigori! We had our usual food with mango smoothie and osthamus tea. I thought it was cute to introduce the tea to him and mess up his head a little bit with the strong sweet smell but subtle tea taste.

 21st April 2019


I brought my friends here and this time around the photo quality is visibly better since I've changed my phone. I ordered the same thing as usual. I swear, my next day entry will be different HAHHAH this is just to show you the desserts with different photo quality. At the same time, you can see that their quality has been consistent. Strawberries the same sizes. Shaved ice the same height and weight. 


They actually liked it a lot and instinctively cleaned up the plates really well with their spoons. They were also really surprised by the cheesecake and had nommed out everything. Another round of successfully recommending a great shop to my friends! 

26th May 2019


This round, we did it a little different here. Miru had a Brown Sugar seasonal event and we ordered a Brown Sugar Fresh Milk Kakigori. It was actually amazing! The boba was so easy to chew and they are freshly made considering their warmth before we put it onto the kakigori. They gave a lot of brown sugar syrup and they also gave a sift with kinako powder (roasted soybean flour) in it.

"Our pearls are made fresh in small batches throughout the day to ensure the pearls stay soft and chewy. They are cooked in brown sugar syrup to absorb all that smoky, caramelly flavour and then topped off with cold fresh creamy milk." - Miru FB


What I love to do is to push the top part of the kakigori down and then pour in the boba pearls. After that, I'll just pour the brown sugar all over the kakigori. It just looks really appetizing afterwards. The boba pearls paired really well with the flavours and it's basically like normal boba tea (not those roasted or with cheese) but in shaved ice version. The mint goes really well with it too.


Another thing is if you love desserts but you also want to refresh your taste buds every once in awhile, get Gryphon's Artisan Tea in Lemon Ginger Mint flavour. I discovered this tea when my mother bought a box and I instantly thought of the chocolate lava cake. When I visited Miru again, I was so excited!!!!! They do sell this tea!!! I swear, it's not too lemoney, gingery or minty. It's a perfect balance which helps you to refresh your taste buds and make the desserts tastes even better.


The best pairing is with chocolate lava cake that I always, always, always order from Miru. 


What I love to do is, take a scoop of the lava cake, put it on your tongue but don't bite it. Just mush it around your mouth with your tongue and take it all those chocolaty flavours. Then about half a minute later, swallow it and sip some tea. Of course, I can't say that everyone loves it because some people aren't really into indulging the full taste of desserts but just eating it as it is but for me, I want to savour every sweetness and bitterness in the chocolate and then feel the refreshing tea washing through.


Verdict

Those are basically what I ordered in Miru throughout the 9 months since the day that my IG story archive could track. I understand that I can totally make my own chocolate lava cake, in which I actually successfully made one yesterday on the first try and we also have the tea at home but Miru, for me, holds a very different value as compared to other dessert shops. It's a place where it utterly enhanced the meaningful and important days I spent with my partner. A place with desserts that completes all our special dates with their perfectly balanced sweetness. It's also a place where I can get amazing lava cakes, artisan teas and thinly-shaved kakigori all in one place.

It's my safe space but also my happy heaven.
It's that kind of magic that this place gave me.

So yes. I will definitely recommend this place to everyone I know and every new people who came across my blog. Of course, it might be a little difficult for me to overcome if I happen to break up with my partner but I'll still come back for it. Their desserts play a huge part in giving me happiness whenever I visit.

Visit

Pavilion Kuala Lumpur

Lot 6.35 Level 6 Pavilion Kuala Lumpur
168 Jalan Bukit Bintang
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03 2110 3891

Business Hours:
Monday - Sunday: 11 am - 10 pm
​Note: Last order 30 minutes before closing time

Damansara Uptown

62, Jalan SS21/58
Damansara Utama
47400 Petaling Jaya
Tel: 03 7733 0318

Business Hours:
Sunday - Thursday: 12 pm - 11 pm
Friday & Saturday: 12 pm - 12 am
Public Holiday Eve: 12 pm - 12 am
​​Note: Last order 30 minutes before closing time

Bonus: How's their washroom?

Their washroom in Damansara Uptown is relatively clean and spacy. They do have soap for you but I think the soap is not from Aesop. I think they're just using the bottle HAHHA. 






That's all!
I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post.
You can also check out my other posts too!






Related Articles

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh thanks for recommending! I'm always looking to try new places whenever I visit Malaysia, so this is quite helpful. Everything looks so good! I'll keep this place in mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! You can also follow me on Instagram to find out more places as I often IG story food :D

      IG: Zoeliewho

      Delete