In Journal Korea 2019 ZoelieWho

Korea 2019| Gyeongbokgung - Hanbok Experience


경복궁
Gyeongbokgung Palace

Hanbok Experience with
The King Hanbok 더킹 한복



This post is less focused on the palace itself because I chose not to enter deeper into the palace and it's mostly focused on the whole hanbok-wearing experience.

I'm not sure how we ended up in Gyeongbokgun Station Exit 4, we still gotta walk a long way to the palace so, it's whatever but we were trying to find a hanbok store that I discovered online but only to find out that they've moved to another area. Anyway, we saw The King Hanbok just opened and we wanted to try. Honestly, I should've scouted the area first because I genuinely regret choosing this store.


Upon entering their store, everything looked pretty good. I loved the designs on the hanbok and went to choose one bottom wear so that they can choose 3 top wear for us and complete the outfit.


There were so many colours to choose from and I was only aiming at pink ones, which was actually harder to find since most people would've taken pink too.


There are different sizes available and different designs available for each size. You may not be able to find the size for the design that you want so don't be too surprised by that.


You can also find hanbok for men and children here.


We booked the Hanbook for 4 hrs at the price of 20000 won and then I asked for hair-do which was an additional charge of 5000 won. Honey, if you are only going to one place, do not book for more than 2 hours. They don't refund you. I wanted a refund for the remaining 2 hours but I was declined.


By the way, if you didn't ask for a hair-do, you can use their bobby pins and elastic bands to do your own hair but you're not allowed to use their accessories unless you pay up 3000 won and they randomly shove accessories to your hair.


Here's what I look like:
I honestly like the pink bottom but I'm not happy with how my waist was literally missing... I also don't like the fact that I paid for a 5000 won hair-do but it ended up becoming something that I could've done myself. Literally, too simple. The hair accessories were also very underwhelming. I saw so many elaborative hair accessories on other girls' head and it literally ruined my day. No more next time from this store.


Oh yeah, I get it. I looked kinda 'happy' but I'm really pushing myself to look 'happy' just to have pretty photos at this point. It's the least I can do.


In all honesty, my face was really stiff that day.


The bottom part is really lovely. You can pair a pastel blue with your buddy too.


경복궁
Gyeongbokgung Palace

161 Sajik-ro, Sejongno, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Wed-Mon: 9am - 6pm; Tuesdays closed
+82 2-3700-3900 | Visit Korea Page

Directions 

Subway
Gyeongbokgung Station (Seoul Subway Line 3) and Exit 5.
Anguk Station (Seoul Subway Line 3) and Exit 1. 

Bus
Take Bus No. 1020, 7025,109, 171, 172, 601 or 606 and get off at Gyeongbokgung Palace Bus Stop.
Take Jongno Bus No. 11 and get off at the National Folk Museum of Korea Bus Stop. 


Walking to the main gate was a very long distance so I do recommend not wearing anything uncomfortable. When we were there, it was just nice that they were having a performance. I think it was a ritual to change the guards or something like that.


Anyways, I'm not too familiar with what's going on during that day because I genuinely lost interest but I would definitely encourage you to do a quick research before going there so that you can enjoy the whole place better.


Entrance fee is basically free if you enter with a traditional outfit. Admission Fees for adults above 19 years old is 3000 won per person but if you enter with a group of 10 people or more, then it will be 2400 won per person. As for children between the age of 7 to 18 years old, the entrance fee is at 1500 won per person and 1200 won per person if entering by a group of 10. By the way, the entrance and closing hours differ every season so be sure to check out the Visit Korea page I linked above before going to the palace.


Gyeongbokgung Palace is a very photogenic place but it has a lot of people around so it's very hard to take pictures with nobody around so don't be disappointed by that.


We took a lot of photos in front of the gates but we didn't really explore, mostly because of my spoiled mood and the fact that it's easily tiring. The sun was scorching hot too.






Oh, here's what my hair looks like from the back.



We walked into the first gate and then took a picture without walking closer to the second gate. I swear to God, at this point I was really trying to push myself to take good photos.




So the moral of the story is, research before you actually go. It's not that I didn't but the store I wanted to go had a different address as compared to the website that I initially looked at. Also, I didn't know the palace would be this big. There's that. I still do blame myself a bit regardless. So yeah, here's a recap:

1. King Hanbok was a pointless visit
2. If you're only going to either the palace or the village, book only for 2 hrs because you can't get back your refund.
3. Research the places before you actually go





That's all for this post!
Do check out my other posts!
You may find them helpful :D





Korea 2019 Directory

Hapjeong - (24.7)
- Mapo Mandu (Read)
- The Recorder Store (Read)
Hongdae - (26.7)
- Sigonggan Accessory (Read)
- Stonebrick (Read)
- Butter (Read)
- King's Cross (Read)
- Mint Heim (Read)
- Dog Cafe (Read)
Ewha - (23.7)
- Eros Fortune Telling Cafe (Read)
- Woono Accessory (Read)
- Yooksam Naengmyeon (Read)
Gangnam - (28.7)
- Eggdrop (Read)
- Kakao Friend (16.7)
Itaewon
- Line Friends (Read)
Gyeongbokgung - (Reading Now)
Dongdaemun - (29.7)
- Shake Shack (17.7)
- Gong Cha (18.7)
Gwangjang Market - (20.7)
Namsan - (21.7)
COEX Mall - (22.7)
Myeongdong - (27.7)
Airbnb - (30.7)
Others
- BHC (Read)
- Paris Baguette (19.7)
- Lotte Mart (25.7)



Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment