In Journal Korea 2019 ZoelieWho

Korea 2019| Hapjeong [The Recorder Store, Milky Way Café on Montmartre Hill, Yennyron Dessert Shop, Mapo Mandu]


In this topic, we will be visiting the following places:
  1. The Recorder Store
  2. Yennyron Dessert Shop
  3. Mapo Mandu

All that while passing by amazing looking places that are great for a photo op! 


Transport!
Hapjeong Station [합정역], Seoul Subway Line 2 and 6, Exit 7 (8 min. walk)



The streets here are very pretty and the buildings look very timeless yet new.


There were so many places that I had passed by in which I wished we had enough time to visit but we definitely do not have enough time nor money. uwu


But enough said, let me walk you to those places that I passed by.


 Let's go!

The Recorder Store



I love this store because it was filled with a lot of original indie/tumblr/white aesthetic artist collection merch/products. I would buy everything if I had the money but unfortunately, I went there with limited cash.

More photos of what they sell available in this blog post:



Passing by:

Cafe Montmartre Hill Above the Milky Way
(Milky Way Cafe / Milky Way Café on Montmartre Hill)
몽마르뜨언덕위 은하수다방



This place has such amazing designs and decorations. Apparently, it was used for a few shooting scenes in a few dramas like the Devilish Joy (EP 6). I'd love to visit this place during my next visit and I would also pick night time since the lights inside would make the whole place look really magical (according to pictures online)


If you really want to visit, here's the address:
33-1 Tojeong-ro, Hapjeong-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul
서울특별시 마포구 토정로 33-1


Walking around this neighbourhood, it gives you that really high-class yet underrated places that not many people would frequently visit in Hartamas area. The aesthetics are truly one of a kind for what I've experienced. Every corner or every turn, you will find a new discovery or another building with cool designs.


For me, It's quite a wonder to have such small yet fun and surprising experience.


We've also passed by this cafe which looked really amazing on the inside but we didn't stop to check it out. It looked a little pricey too.


Yennyron Dessert Shop 예니롱

372-1 Hapjeong-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Wednesday - Saturday: 1:00 ~ 8:00 |Sunday: 12:00 ~ 5:00 
Monday/Tuesday Closed | Facebook | Naver | Instagram 



Yennyron sells mainly macarons and they are quite big for that price range.


She sells all sorts of flavours and each costs KRW 2500.
Buy 7 for KRW 17500 and buy 14 for KRW 35000.
(No discount but I suppose the packaging will be different)


I've gotten myself a Lemon Raspberry which tasted pretty good, not too sweet.
My travel buddy got herself an Oreo Cream Cheese, which was pretty decent.


Moving on, we went walking again. Did you know that Mercedes, Bentley, BMW and other expensive cars are very common here? The photo below on the right showed is a Cadillac which isn't as expensive anymore but I suppose it still holds a status here.


Oh! I also saw Bean Brother here in Hapjeong.
You can jump in for a quick coffee session if you'd like to.


We had a really short time in Hapjeong so this blog post is pretty short but before I end the post, here's the last place I'd definitely recommend you to try out:

Mapo Mandu



Mapo Mandu has the best mandu that I've ever eaten. They also have a coming-home kind of feeling as the ajjumas will serve you food like a mother would. We've tried all their mandus and a giant tuna kimbap. If you're curious about the pricing and the locations, I've got you covered too!

More photos of what they sell available in this blog post:




That's all for this post!
Do check out my other posts!
You may find them helpful :D





Korea 2019 Directory

Hapjeong - (Read)
- Mapo Mandu (Read)
- The Recorder Store (Read)
Hongdae - (26.7)
- Sigonggan Accessory (Read)
- Stonebrick (Read)
- Butter (Read)
- King's Cross (Read)
- Mint Heim (Read)
- Dog Cafe (Read)
Ewha - (Read)
- Eros Fortune Telling Cafe (Read)
- Woono Accessory (Read)
- Yooksam Naengmyeon (Read)
Gangnam - (28.7)
- Eggdrop (Read)
- Kakao Friend (Read)
Itaewon
- Line Friends (Read)
Gyeongbokgung - (Read)
Dongdaemun - (29.7)
- Shake Shack (Read)
- Gong Cha (Read)
Gwangjang Market - (Read)
Namsan - (Read)
COEX Mall - (Read)
Myeongdong - (27.7)
Airbnb - (30.7)
Others
- BHC (Read)
- Paris Baguette (Read)
- Lotte Mart Seoul Station - (Read)


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment